Thursday, August 23, 2007

Worried about our little boy...




Angelo and I have been with our little boy at Holmes Regional Hospital since early Wednesday morning... our beautiful, wonderfully innocent little baby boy... he is continuously being monitored for an onset of seizures because of several episodes he has had since we brought him home only 15 days ago. They've ran test after test, EEG's, CT Scan, spinal tap, PHG... the list goes on. He's currently hooked up to more wires than I can even count, for 24 additional hours, and we're told we cannot hold or significantly move him until the testing is done. I'm in such a state of panic right now because of everything that is going on. He's been through so much in such a short amount of time, I want so badly to put myself in his place so he can stop feeling all this discomfort. I want to bring our baby home knowing he has a clean bill of health, the one we were so glad he was born with. I'm not so sure what to think right now, all I can to do is sit back and pray that everything is alright and these episodes are nothing more than... reflux, or better yet, maybe just an incredibly strange (yet easily treated) reaction to gas. We've been told it may be something significant, or it may be nothing at all, but right now it's the part of "not knowing" that has driven my nerves up so high that I can hardly think straight. Seeing him this miserable is just completely breaking my heart...

To clarify with a little background info... we started noticing Beni was having these daily episodes that 'may possibly' be seizures, consisting of his eyes rolling to the back of his head, lips smacking, body stuttering, all at a very exaggerated and completely involuntarily fast rate. We didn't think much of it at first; we figured it was maybe his immature nervous system working out all the 'kinks'. When we noticed them occurring more frequently and getting progressively stronger, I recorded an episode lasting about 3 minutes to show his pediatrician. Immediately when she saw the video, she agreed that it did not at all seem like normal infant behavior and advised us to immediately rush him to Holmes Regional Hospital for further evaluation.

All I ask is that everyone please pray for him and have him in your thoughts.
Pray for answers and peace of mind.
Pray we can bring our little boy home soon, knowing that everything is fine.

More later...

0 comments: