Saturday, August 4, 2007

4 1/2 cm dilated, 75% effaced.

Well, it looks like I'm still pregnant!! Though, not quite sure how much longer... our doctor has been telling us "and day now" for the past couple of weeks. On Thursday I was told that I am now about 4 1/2 cm dilated, whereas the week before I was 4 cm, and the week prior to that completely closed. I've been told that once I reach 5 cm that dilation may progress at the rate of 1 cm per minute until I reach 10, and at that point, here comes baby B! We're still struggling to finish a few things up as far as the house (remodeling) goes, but by the end of today we will finally be able to move back into our bedroom from the living room! Success! Beni's room is still slightly in the works (we still need to install chair-rail and crown moulding) but it's not so much of a concern at this point because he will be staying in our room for at least the first few months. We are so ecstatic for his arrival, I can hardly believe how blessed we've been so far!

Anyway, wish I could be a little more definitive on exactly when he'll arrive, but as the good ol' doc keeps saying, "any day now..."

0 comments: