I know those of you who received a text message from Angelo this morning are wondering what's going on!
So... I'm technically "in labor" as I type this... hahha.
I had a routine prenatal appointment this morning and mentioned some cramping I've felt since yesterday morning sometime. He felt that what I was describing sounded like contractions, so he went ahead and checked my cervix and found that I was already dilated two centimeters. Uhh, WHAT?! Dila-huh?
So, as you can guess, I was immediately sent to the labor and delivery unit at Holmes Regional Hospital. At this point, I'm only 32 weeks pregnant, so they are trying to delay the labor process as best they can. It's been an incredibly tiring day filled with so much uncertainty. I have tubes and wires coming from every part of my body monitoring everything from the baby's heartbeat, contractions, my blood pressure, IV's (connected to magnesium and antibiotics), etc. I was given a steroid shot to advance Beni's lung development to lessen any chances of breathing difficulties when he does come, because it's still a little too soon to be expecting him.
The magnesium is a muscle relaxer that has calmed the contractions a great deal, they are a lot less frequent now than when I came in. The only thing we can do now is wait. They are trying to delay the delivery for a couple of weeks, but at this point we're unsure if that's possible. He may come tonight, or with the muscle relaxers we may be able to shoot for longer.
It's just a matter of waiting at this point. So, we'll see...
There's a part of me wants him to come now, simply because I want to see his beautiful little face and hold him in my arms, but I know he has a little more growing to do, so it's best that he stays put for now. He's putting up quite a fight against it though, hahha.
Anyway, this was longer than I anticipated, but it's nice to kind of pull my mind away from all the craziness surrounding for the time being. Laptops and WiFi are a godsend! And so is Daddy-to-be! He is just the most amazing support I could ever possibly ask for. He makes me feel so, so blessed. :)
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment